Graphics Design Intern
As a graphics design intern, you will be working on everything associated with a complete company artistic portfolio and you will contribute directly to the creative content and direction of the company. While we have many ideas surrounding our corporate image, we are open to modifications, and we need someone who can translate our visions into reality We don't have anything in the way of graphics design software, so we would ask applicants to come prepared to work using their own equipment, and they must have access to the Internet.
- Create graphics which communicate our corporate identity (logo design, website design, letterhead, business cards, brochures and marketing materials)
- Collaborate to establish a brand strategy (how multiple product lines work jointing within the confines of the corporate identity)
- Create marketing materials (PowerPoint presentations, flyers, etc.)
- Improve training materials (adding visual impact to strengthen corporate messaging and training)
- Assist with system usability, layout and design
Graphics Designer Skill Requirements:
- Appropriate graphics design coursework or portfolio
- Artistic ability and creativity
- Speed in project turn around
- Ability to work with PowerPoint (or other presentation software)
- Skill in taking a simple message and creating a visual impact for it
- Self-starter capable of working with little direction
While we slightly prefer for candidates to live near the Provo area for occasional in-person meetings, the majority of work will be accomplished from home. We manage a distributed workforce and could accommodate full-time telecommuting for the right individual.
The internship would begin in May and last fourteen weeks, however, we do have a high degree of flexibility around schedule as long as project timelines are met.
In addition to academic credit for the internship, a candidate would receive $100 weekly stipend for the duration of their 14-week internship and 5% of the first year’s revenues from any mobile app designed and published during their internship. Alternatively, candidates may opt for a reduced weekly stipend and a higher percentage of company revenues for the planned mobile apps produced during the internship.