iOS Programming Intern
You will be working converting existing company content and intellectual property into apps appropriate for the iPhone/iPod Touch and then the iPad. As a small start-up organization, we are flexible with work location, work hours and schedule. While we prefer for candidates to live near the Provo area, we work with remote employees frequently and could manage telecommuting for the right individual. Given the short-term nature of the internship, we would prefer for candidates to be able to work using their own equipment, and they must have access to the Internet.
iOS Application Programming
- Collaborate on system design based on intent and wire frames
- Write iOS app targeting handhelds first, tablets second
- establish local data set (SQlite) which can synchronize to a central server
- simple calculations based on stored data
- dynamic graph/table generation
- establish method for push messaging and reminders
- enable pull content updating
- Participate in system sales tracking and feedback with associated review and revision cycle
Desired Programmer Skill Requirements:
- Experience or relevant coursework associated with programming in Objective C (iOS), previous app creation a plus
- Ability to work with with others collaboratively in design and execution of program
- Speed and accuracy in coding to specifications
- Self-starter capable of working with little direction
- Familiarity with PHP a plus, but not required
While we slightly prefer for candidates to live near the Provo area for occasional in-person meetings, the majority of work will be accomplished from home. We manage a distributed workforce and could accommodate full-time telecommuting for the right individual.
The internship would begin in May and last fourteen weeks, however, we do have a high degree of flexibility around schedule as long as project timelines are met.
Compensation is negotiable, however, our preference would be to tie candidate compensation directly to app revenues. Recognizing this won’t work for all candidates, we propose $100/week plus candidate would receive 5% of company revenue for the first year from any app they create and release on behalf of the company.